Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Worthy Worship


Every morning of my life I spend with God in prayer and Bible reading and personal worship. There are times when I am impacted by this personal encounter with God more than other times. I wish every time I addressed God in prayer or heard from Him through reading His Word were so great that it would impact me for days. Perhaps due to my remaining sinfulness I am not always privileged to have such an impactful experience. So when private time with God is a moving experience it is even a more joyous occasion. Such an occasion happened today.

This morning was spent with God in His Word, with Him in prayer, and with Him in song. I usually do not engage in song during my private times with God. This morning was different. After clearly seeing a vision of Christ through His Word, I felt like singing praises to His name. Kory Welch’s rendition of “All Creatures of Our God and King” helped me voice my response to God in praise. I am not sure how many times that song looped on my IPod, but my heart was transfixed on the glory of Christ as I pondered the Scripture’s portrayal of glory. My praise was brought to Him in prayerful words sung back to Him as I loosely followed a glorious melody of a great hymn.

My prayer for you is that you would taste and see that the Lord is good! Give yourself a regular opportunity to personally worship God. You know, God might even show up to meet you!

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" (Psalm 34:8, NKJV)

"And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord," (Ephesians 5:18-19, NKJV)

No comments: