Monday, December 24, 2007

Sin Separates


Sin separates us from God

" Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear." (Isaiah 59:1-2, NKJV)

If you have ever felt that God is not listening to you or that He seems far off, it may be time to examine your heart. We know that God is near even when He seems so far away. If God seems distant it is most likely our own sinfulness that causes us to feel that way.
The solution may be to get out the Bible and preach to yourself!

"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." (Psalm 43:5, NKJV)

No comments: