Thursday, March 6, 2008

Heavenly Worship

I went to heaven! Well not exactly. Actually I am in LA at the Shepherds conference which is hosted by John MacArthur and Grace Community Church. The preaching and teaching has been excellent and the worship music has been a foretaste of glory divine. Last night we were treated to a hundred voice choir with a 30 piece orchestra. Listening to God glorifying worship music presented in this excellent fashion has really been a positive motivation.

The congregation was composed of about 3,000 pastors. When it was our opportunity to sing the song of the redeemed hit such a volume that I suppose this was the first time in my life I could barely hear myself sing. My voice was muffled by the sheer volume of my brothers in Christ. I suppose that heaven may sound something like that only louder. To God be the Glory!

"And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation," (Revelation 5:9, NKJV)

No comments: